At AstroCamp Virginia, the health and safety of our campers is our top priority. AstroCamp undergoes an extensive American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation process every five years. The accreditation requires we adhere to more than 250 standards ranging from safety to program design. All of our staff are first aid, CPR and water safety trained. They are drilled on safety procedures and are trained in what to do in the event of an emergency. We have an onsite nurse who attends to camper needs twenty four hours a day, ensuring medications are taken on time and that all the campers health needs are met. A camper health form must be filled out with a current physical and a doctor’s signature. Camper’s with special dietary needs must note their requirements on the camper health form. We can accomodate most special diets. Any allergies the camper has must also be noted. We work hard to ensure the health and safety of each camper and to ensure the very best AstroCamp experience. If you have any additional questions about your campers health and safety needs, contact our summer camp director, John Swanwick at: email@example.com, or call 434-454-4059. We look forward to serving your child.
Health Center & Nurse
- Registered nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician lives on site for the summer.
- Health center is fully equipped to handle minor healthcare needs.
- All medications (both prescription and over-the-counter) are stored and dispensed through the Health Center.
- All staff are trained in medical emergency response.
- Highly trained staff provide supervision for campers 24 hours a day.
- Cabin counselors are responsible for groups of 6 – 8 campers.
- Cabin counselors live in a room adjacent to campers.
- Leadership team is available to support staff and campers when needed.