At AstroCamp Virginia, the health and safety of our campers is our top priority
AstroCamp undergoes an extensive American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation process every five years.
The accreditation requires we adhere to more than 250 standards ranging from health and safety to program design.
- All of our staff are trained in First Aid, CPR, and Waterfront Lifeguarding. They are drilled on safety procedures and are trained to respond in the event of an emergency.
- Our on-site nurse tends to camper needs twenty-four hours a day, ensuring that medications are taken on time and that all camper health needs are met.
- Before attending camp, a camper Health History Form must be filled out with a current physical and a doctor’s signature.
- Please note any allergies that your camper has on the Health History Form.
- We can accommodate most special diets. Please note special dietary needs on the Health History Form.
Health Center & Nurse
- Highly trained staff provide supervision for campers 24 hours a day.
- Cabin counselors are responsible for groups of 6-8 campers.
- Cabin counselors supervise campers in the dorms, during meals, and between programs. Instructors supervise campers during programs, with the support of cabin counselors.
- Our Leadership Team is available to support staff and campers at any time.